- On the A14/E55 motorway head in south direction to Bari;
- Take the exit “Bari Nord”;
- Follow signs for Brindisi/Lecce and continue on SS16 straight to its end.
You can book your shuttle service at Shuttle from Bari and Brindisi.
Some daily coach services are run by private companies from Roma, Milano and Torino.
The Lecce railway station is located downtown. Regular direct train services run daily from the major cities (Milano, Bologna, Roma). For more information: www.trenitalia.com. From the station the hotels can be reached by taxi in about 10 minutes. However all them are at walking distance (1.3 km max).
The airports closest to Lecce are Brindisi (45 Km distance) and Bari (164 Km distance). The conference takes place during the summer time schedule.
The nearest airport is the “Brindisi Papola Casale International Airport”. There are both domestic and international flights. Main national connections: Bologna, Milan, Pisa, Rome, Turin, Venice. Main international connections: Barcelona, Basel, Brussel, Eindhoven, Geneva, London, Munich, Zurich.
- Brindisi airposrt website: www.aeroportidipuglia.it/brindisi14
- Destinations: www.aeroportidipuglia.it/le-destinazioni1
From the Brindisi airport to Lecce:
The Shuttle Bus service to Lecce stops at the Air Terminal.
A bus from the Brindisi airport to the Brindisi train station is available also every 30 minutes, and from there you can reach Lecce by train (about 30 min, 36 trains per day). Brindisi-Lecce train connections can be searched here.
Taxi is also available (about 70 euro, we suggest to agree the price with the driver in advance).
Airshuttle provides a pool taxi service (about 20 euro). The ride has to be booked at least one day in advance www.airshuttle.it/index_eng.asp
A bigger and more connected airport is the Bari Palese one.
Bari offers several domestic and international flights.
- Bari airposrt website: www.aeroportidipuglia.it/homepagebari
- Destinations: www.aeroportidipuglia.it/le-destinazioni
From the Bari airport to Lecce:
A shuttle train service is provided from the Bari airport to the Bari train station. The current timetable is available here. From there you can reach Lecce by train (about 1:30 hours, 33 trains per day). Bari-Lecce train connections can be searched here.
- Both these airports are very well connected with Rome (Fiumicino and Ciampino airports) and Milan (Malpensa, Linate and Bergamo airports). Hence a good way to come to Lecce could be to fly through Milan or Rome.
- Malpensa provides a special service ViaMilano: www.flyviamilano.eu/en to find and combine flights from different airlines. This service can be extremely useful.
- Ryanair does not sell connection flights, but if you fly to Bergamo (Ryanair Italian hub), then you can easily find another Ryanair flight for your destination. Check the Bergamo airport web site: http://www.orioaeroporto.it/en/
Milan-Malpensa web site: www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en. Destinations: www.milanomalpensa-airport.com/en/flights/destinations
Milan-Linate web site: www.milanolinate-airport.com/en. Destinations: www.milanolinate-airport.com/en/flights/destinations
Rome- Fiumicino web site: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-fiumicino. Destinations: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-fco-destinations
Rome-Ciampino web site: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-ciampino Destinations: www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en-/pax-cia-destinations1