How to arrive
Rome can be reached from most international and national destinations. Most major airlines use "Leonardo da Vinci" Airport in Fiumicino (FCO). On the other hand, low-cost budget airlines often fly to Ciampino Airport (CIA).
From Fiumicino Airport to Rome and backwards:
- Direct Train "Leonardo Express" to Roma Termini Railway Station (14 euros). Departure every 30 minutes. Time: 35 minutes
- Local Train to Roma Tiburtina Railway Station. Trains connecting Fiumicino Aeroporto to Fara Sabina / Orte, stops in all intermediate stations (8 euro). Every 15 minutes. Time: 45 minutes
- See below for connections between Termini and Tiburtina Stations to the University
- Taxi: 40 euro (all inclusive fare)
From Ciampino Airport to Rome and backwards:
- "Terravision" Shuttle to Via Marsala (Termini Station) 8 euros. Time: 40 minutes
- Bus to Ciampino Railway Station + Train to Termini Station. Every 20 minutes. Time: 18 minutes
- "Co.tra.l." line bus to Subway (Metro) Station Anagnina + Metro Line A from Anagnina to Termini
- Taxi: 30 euro (all inclusive fare)
- The timetable of Italian Railways can be obtained from the Trenitalia Homepage where online booking is possible
- Most Italian and European destinations are connected to Rome by trains stopping at Termini Station, which is 15 minutes walk from "Sapienza" University (see map), and it is connected by 310 bus line (4 stops)
- Few trains (including local trains from Fiumicino Airport) stop in Tiburtina Station. Tiburtina Station is 25 minutes of (unpleasant) walk from the University Sapienza, it is connected by Metro line B (Policlinico station) and 71, 163, 448, 492 and 545 bus lines (piazzale Verano stop, entrance from via Cesare de Lollis).