to run some Bayesian network examples by
- If Java is correctly installed in your browser,
the above "box" should have generated two windows
- a JavaBayes Editor to create, modify and query the network
- a JavaBayes Console to open the files and to receive
JavaBayes messages and results from queries.
- Click on File in the JavaBayes Console
- Choose Open URL
- Insert the full name of the URL containing the examples,
- Check the initial conditional probabilities of each node
- Clicking first on the Edit Function button of the JavaBayes Editor
- Clicking at the nodes of interest and reading/modifying the probability
values in the pupup window
- Fix/un-fix some conditions
- Clicking first on the Observe button of the JavaBayes Editor
- Clicking at the nodes of interest and reading/modifying the
value of the "observed" node
(an "observed" node becomes blue)
- Play changing the network at wish using the other buttons of the
- ... but be aware that the applet does not allow you to save
the modified network! Therefore, if you really become interested
to JavaBayes, you are advice to
download and install it in your computer.
Note for casual web navigator
This web page is usually obtained from a
parent page that contains useful info.
If you have just landed here by chance (e.g. as a result of
a web search) visit the parent page
to understand what the applet and the example described here
are supposed to do.
Back to Bayesian reasoning in data analysis
to D'Agostini web page on Bayesian statistics
Back to D'Agostini home page